Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2016

It's time to graduate - FINALLY! :D

It's been a while since I've checked in. Been insanely busy and focused on finishing this semester and graduating. It's finally near and in sight. As a matter of fact, tonight I take my last final exam and as of tomorrow I am officially graduated from SUNY Delhi with my bachelor's in criminal justice. It has been a long time coming. Having gone back to school the first time in 2009 to finish my associates, and then swearing I'd never return, I developed a change of heart when I received a brochure in the mail that catapulted my decision to go back to school and enroll in the bachelor of science program in September 2014.

I didn't do it like so many others and finish college after high school. I tried, I went to Queens College, John Jay College and then finally succumbed to Nassau Community College, but life and its unfortunate circumstances in my 20s pulled me away from school, and from knowing what I wanted to do or who I wanted to become. I literally drifted for about ten years until Aziza snapped me back and made me realize I deserved more, and I am more, and for her I'd be a role model to finish what you start. And hey, I've been on the Dean's list so many times, she's tired of hearing about it. ;) But that's what it's all about: working hard for something and getting it done. As school ends, I'll be gunning for a new position with the county or one with NYS. I'm pretty confident I'll be on a career path that makes much more sense very soon.

I'm glad it's holiday time but nostalgic for a time when I'd hide all of Aziza's gifts until the night before Christmas, so of course the ruse of Santa arriving with her gifts while she slept would play out. It was so much fun when she believed it all. Now, there is some surprise but she knows it all comes from mom, and instead of making a list for Santa, the list is for me. :)


Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment